If you are not familiar with the show, I recommend this full video of a HS’s production of Zombie Prom (FYI: we are doing the atomic version, so there are about 4 songs that are not in our production and some scenes are shortened)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0kKCYBdzpo&app=desktop
- You need to turn in an audition form (it is attached as both a Word doc, which you may edit, and a PDF which will need to be printed, filled out and made into a PDF again).
- You need to present a verse and a chorus for both an up tempo and a ballad from the show; If you want to use the pre-recorded accompaniment, use the LYRICS AND KARAOKE file to find the YouTube links for the listed songs. If you don’t like any of the songs on the karaoke track, begin searching for the soundtrack on YouTube for other songs from the show you’d like OR ask someone to play live for you.
- You need to pick at least 2 monologues or the scene (no more than 3 total); if you choose the scene, your partner doesn’t have to be actually auditioning-please just specify your partner’s intentions.
- Remember that this is set in the 1950’s, so it’s got a “Bye, Bye Birdie” or “Grease” feel to it; the leading man gets dumped, so he angrily rides his bike into the nuclear plant, causing himself to die and then become a zombie. The piece uses this context to examine relationships and what we use to judge people.
- Record your video and email both the video link and your audition form to Raina.Ames@unh.edu. Please make sure you send it a few days before 10/23 due date so that I will have time to let you know if there are problems opening your video or audition form.